You don’t think about destroying the products you’ve made every day. Besides, why would you want to get rid of something you’ve invested time and money developing. However, if it’s defective, there’s no amount of damage control that can fix the situation, the best alternative would be to dispose of the product properly. Destroying rejected products is a delicate process. That’s because you have a brand image to protect. As such, you need secure product destruction to avoid worst-case scenarios in case such products end up in the wrong hands. At Sledgehammer, we give our clients a certificate of product destruction in California to assure them that our process complied with all the relevant laws and procedures.
What Is A Certificate of Destruction?
This is a formal document that has detailed information regarding the destruction of your products that makes sure the process complied with the relevant laws. The certificate helps protect your business in case of an audit or legal action. When you hire a CA product destruction company, it’s essential to find out if they detail the entire destruction process and document it.
Importance of A Certificate of Product Destruction
Here’s why it’s important to hire a California certified product destruction company:
- A certificate of product destruction shows that the destruction or disposal process is authenticated to ensure the product isn’t used illegally or resold. The stakes are high for your brand and business if your products land on the grey market or into the wrong hands. Your business could face liability from defective products or significant brand erosion.
- The certificate provides a paper trail. It also establishes that you exercised due diligence. A certificate verifies the details about the destruction and, in some instances, might be required for insurance purposes.
- Provides a chain of custody. This refers to the sequence of individuals who once handled your products. In case of any issues, a detailed certificate of destruction will inform you who exactly handled your products before they were destroyed.
- It’s important always to know the terms and conditions of how your products will be disposed of. You may realize that the product destruction company does not comply with your business regulations. Ensuring that the terms and conditions are outlined on the page will help you manage your personal expectations and legal requirements.
- You’re hiring a company to take responsibility for destroying your products. Therefore, it’s advisable to do it in a legally binding contract. Imagine the unwanted products getting into the grey market; you could be sued. That’s why it’s crucial to get certified destruction services in California that will take full responsibility if your products are compromised.
- A certificate of destruction includes the location where they were destroyed, the time of destruction, and a witness’s signature. This is vital because in case there are questions concerning whom and where the products were destroyed, you can produce evidence regarding how you met all the legal requirements.
Secure Product Destruction Services
At Sledgehammer, we provide customized and confidential product destruction services that are 100 percent private and transparent. Right from collection all the way to secure destruction, we use the latest in destruction technology. Our certified waste solutions and product destruction process will take place under the supervision of our professional operators. Once we’re done, we’ll issue you a certificate of product destruction in California. To get a quote, fill out our simple online form today.